Leadership Development for New Managers and Management Candidates
Can you afford to waste scarce talent with an inefficient or unsuccessful transition to management?
“Microsoft expects top performance from day one. The Performance Leadership Group’s “Readiness” program gets people ready to meet that expectation. We are thrilled with the impact of this program”
Michelle Chapman, Microsoft – ISS Leadership Readiness Manager
Issues Moving Individual Contributors into Management
Here are some issues with moving individual contributors into management roles:
- They often won’t know until it’s too late that they actually don’t want to be in management with the only way out being to leave the company.
- They want to be there, but waste 2 or more subordinates careers learning the ropes.
- Their skills just don’t — or can’t — translate into management or leadership.
- They can’t delegate and often default to micromanagement, resulting in the questioning of their leadership competence.
- Group morale is negatively impacted.
A Program Designed for Success
Our Performance Leadership Readiness program has been developed specifically to address the pitfalls that are all too often associated with the development of new managers. It is a 3-month program that sorts out all of the above and prepares those who fit for a powerful new career in much less time than other approaches.
Who should attend?
The Performance Leadership Group’s Readiness Program was designed to provide management candidates with the foundation necessary to produce results with their new team. The program is also ideal for managers who have been in their role for one year or less and want to enhance their management skills to produce better results.