Designed Specifically for New Managers and Management Candidates
A person has performed well as an individual contributor and has been chosen for a management position. The transition from high-performing contributor to high-performing manager comes with challenges they may not be aware of. The leadership readiness program prepares new managers and management candidates by providing the tools, insights, and distinctions they’ll need to succeed from day one.
“Microsoft expects performance from day one. The Performance Leadership Group’s Readiness program gets people ready to meet that expectation. We are thrilled with the impact of this program.”
–Michelle Capman, Microsoft – ISS Leadership Readiness Manager
Begin with the End in Mind
New Managers and potential management candidates are often identified based on their past performance. The Leadership Readiness Program was developed to provide the critical skills, capabilities, and insights most needed in the first year in their new role to ensure future performance.
The program is built upon the foundation provided in the Enhancing Organizational Performance workshop and provides the experience necessary to develop the distinctions to lead effectively. This program will cover:
- Keeping people out of the victim mentality.
- Being able to influence where there is no formal authority.
- How to take the group from idea, to action, to results reliably and effectively.
- Addressing people issues and maintaining employee satisfaction.
- Resolving the conflict that new managers often struggle with between the desire to be a friend versus the need to be a respected and effective manager.
- Understanding the role that human defaults play in performance.
- How to move through the crisis of purpose and the crisis of confidence often experienced by new managers.
This program has the added benefit of helping potential management candidates more clearly discern if they are a fit for a management role avoiding the negative fallout for both themselves and the organization.
Who Should Attend
The Performance Leadership Group’s Readiness Program was designed for management candidates and new managers who have been in their role less than one year.